Wednesday 17 July 2013

On eating out (an obsession).

I am completely obsessed with eating out. I hate cooking but I love food so it feels like the natural choice for me. My favourite foods are Japanese, Korean, Mexican, American, Nepalese, Lebanese and Chinese all in the broadest sense. I like many of the bastardised mixes and I love big juicy Tex-Mex burgers, I want to dunk my face in a steaming hot bowl of Ramen with a huge side of sashimi and katsu curry. Cover my face in spicy chicken wings with lashings of blue cheese sauce, I want pork burritos to follow me around on a permanent basis. I adore Korean BBQ and it's lavish amounts of meat and lettuce covered in spicy sauce. I have a thing for raw meat including having my steaks nearly completely raw. I think this is all very normal.

I recently ate Lobster for the first time and nearly died in ecstasy. I had Korean BBQ again the other day and didn't even bother with the rice because why would you? I ate steak with two of my closest friends and not only ate mine but finished theirs off as well. You may call me the hoover!

I used to like cooking, a long time ago. Now it bores me terribly and is the last thing I want to do when I get home from work. I love how social it is to eat out with friends, I don't tend to dine alone. I don't think there's anything wrong with eating out alone it's just not for me. I want to enjoy wonderful food with some of my equally wonderfully companions.

I am also always looking for new restaurants, so please if you know anywhere amazing in London let me know in the comments or if you know me privately hit me up yo!

And yes, as I'm writing this I can feel my stomach growl in hunger.


A short list of some of my favourite restaurants in London.

  • Misato
  • Taro (the one on Brewer Street)
  • Wahaca
  • The Diner
  • Red Dog Saloon
  • Burger & Lobster
  • Soju
  • Kimchee
  • The Sitara
  • Asakusa
  • Flat Iron
  • Tonkotsu
  • Bincho (the one on Old Compton Street)
  • Hideaway (for their amazing pizza's)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.